What is acne?
Acne is defined as an inflammatory disease of the skin in which the sebaceous glands become clogged and infected, often causing the formation of pimples, especially on the face. It is most common during adolescence, but also occurs in infants and adults.
What are the causes of acne?
Acne occurs when oil (sebaceous) glands come to life around puberty, stimulated by male hormones from the adrenal glands of both boys and girls. Sebum (oil) is a natural substance which lubricates and protects the skin, and under certain circumstances, cells that are close to the surface block the openings of sebaceous glands and cause a buildup of oil underneath. This oil stimulates bacteria to develop and cause surrounding tissues to become inflamed. Inflammation near the skin’s surface produces a pustule and deeper inflammation results to acne.
Natural Remedies along with Applications
- Aloe Vera- One of the best and most natural of acne treatment. This is because it has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. Merely cut an aloe leaf as close to the trunk as probable, then use a clean knife and slice it open. After the yellow latex has drained, gather the rest of the gel and apply on face. Do this everyday overnight if possible until the acne soothes.
- Honey – Has antibacterial properties so it is very good for cleansing and healing minor blemishes. It is also mild on sensitive skin. Simply apply a honey mask to your face once or twice a week.
- Carrots – Eating carrots which contain beta-carotene (Vitamin A) that builds up the protective tissue of the skin and actually prevents acne. It helps diminish sebum production. Vitamin A is vital for the protection and repair of the tissue which the skin and mucous membranes are made of.
- Garlic – It helps to cure the live acne as well as the acne spots. Simply rub raw garlic over the acne several times in a day. Tackle the problem at the root by eating about 3 seeds of the garlic pod, once a day for a month. The garlic will get rid of impurities of the blood stream and that will automatically prevent and treat the acne.
- Lemon – Lemon is one of the most effective acne treatments. One can directly apply lemon juice onto the acne. One can mix some rose water into the lemon juice as well. Apply this on the acne and let it stay for less than 20 minutes. Then wash off.
- Tea Tree Oil – It comes from the Melaleuca alternifoliais tree native to many areas around Australia. It is very effective against Acne as it contains bacteria-fighting substances called Terpenes. Just apply one drop two to three times per day to any areas of your skin that is affected and it will begin to kill the bacteria.