In today’s world where everyone is being conscious on their looks, it has become even more necessary to keep in shape. If you have a good figure, it will not only allow you to flaunt your body, but also helps to increase the level of confidence. For some people, obesity becomes a serious problem, which affects their mental health. Therefore, rapid weight loss is a life experience. A successful weight loss is not the end of the trip. This is just the beginning of a glorious life and good health.
Given below are a number of tips on how to shed off extra pounds quickly:
1. Drink ample amount of water – water do not only act as a solvent for many vitamins and minerals, but is also responsible for transporting nutrients and wastes out of cells, so that the body is functioning properly. In general, you should drink 1/2 ounce of water per kilogram of body weight per day, unless you are very active, in that case you are supposed to add your water intake to 2/3 of an ounce each pound of your body weight per day. So if you weigh 100 pounds, you should drink 50 ounces of water per day minimum.
2. Eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day- fruit and vegetables are full of beneficial fiber, vitamins as well as antioxidants. They fill the stomach quickly, so you feel full. They are low in calories and helps keep the calorie count low.
3. Do not skip any meal – Eating small frequent meals help to balance your caloric intake for the day and also keeps blood sugar in balance. Instead of eating three large meals, try eating 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day.
4. Get enough sleep – studies have shown that there is a direct correlation between sleep and weight loss. When we are tired, we eat “less healthy” foods to help us stay awake, or we’re just too tired to be bothered to prepare something healthy, so we eat junk foods because it is easier. So be sure to get plenty of sleep, it is recommended to rest close to eight hours each day as possible.
5. Keep moving – Most experts recommend 30 minutes to an hour of physical workout per day to keep healthy. Aside from that, try to add weight-bearing workout at least 2 times a week. This will burn a few calories from the unhealthy foods you consume.
6. Do not be too restrictive – Everyone has their favorite treats. Just leave a little indulgence, but watch out for the quantity and frequency. Having a small treat from time to time can be very enriching the experience of weight loss. Cutting back of your favorite treats too much usually lead to early relapse.